Thursday 6 March 2008

How not to be creative














So the new job is really challenging my creativity skills, I was looking for ideas and new ways to present information, and I found this video. Very cool and enjoyable. It stopped me going and getting that Mac :). ill stick to my trusty ubuntu.




This guy is really making sense, and is echoing alot of the thoughts and issues that I have found working in the software community. I remember one project where an architect who was working in the billing and CIO part of the buisnes and I sat down and tried to work out how to do somthing. Well we came up with an idea I combined a couple of technologies with a couple of his technologies ... and we had a very simple way to pay for TV channels. but! my division and his division did not want to work together so although we made v1 a success v2 never happened. He left the company and so did I. The important thing is this. PFE - Proudly Found Elsewhere not Not Invented Here.




2 comments:

Jeremy Chu said...

“Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” Steve Jobs.

Simon Elliott said...

that is an incredibly important point.
I also think good design goes right down to the smallest nut and bolt.

Elliott - a little more

London, United Kingdom
I am an architect with shed loads of familiarity in providing high profile consumer media, products and services. I conceive ideas, design and lead projects to create new consumer products. I love brainstorming ideas with marketing counterparts and creating future facing and innovative solutions. I have been responsible for high volume mass consumer market features where scale, reliability and the ability to quickly respond are of crucial importance.